About Gas Meter Sensus Metering Systems
Quality is a philosophy–an attitude at Sensus Metering Systems. We take pride in our craftsmanship;
and through a team effort we construct top quality for our customers.
Active Engineering and Research and Development Groups utilize state-of-the-art computer aided engineering
and diagnostic equipment to design and produce gas metering products to meet the uncompromising demands
of today’s gas industry. This special balance of philosophy, attitude, dedicated workers and modern equipment
assures that quality and performance have been skillfully designed into every product.
In our advanced proving room, every Sensus gas metering product is inspected and proved to be accurate.
Sensus products are built with our reputation at stake; a reputation founded on years of experience, earned by
the pride and skills of hundreds of dedicated professionals and backed by sophisticated Quality Assurance
instrumentation used at critical points throughout the manufacturing process.
Design Features Gas Meter Sensus
- Temperature Compensation Element – a design with increased strength to
minimize deflection from valve drag, the TC element is more rugged and
linear in movement, thus, more accurate in compensation.
- Crank Bracket – a simplified multipurpose design incorporating internal
valve guides and index shaft support. Fine tolerance, attained through
precision molding, provides accurate positioning of the crank support.
Low friction polymer eliminates the need for lubrication.
- Valve Seat – close tolerances achieved through molded phenolic construction
minimize seat wear while providing a much smoother operation with a
significantly lower differential. Incorporates easily installed external valve guides.
- Valve Cover and Links – precision parts of engineered plastic materials
reduce friction and are inert to chemicals and condensates commonly
found in gas lines. Simple snap-on design with common left and right
link reduces your parts inventory.This design reduces the job of valve replacement.
- Index Drive Shaft – molded “dog” locks to brass index shaft eliminating
“slop” often encountered in proving.
- Gaskets – are made of tough, resilient cork and neoprene composition and
the linear amount of gasket is an absolute minimum due to “single-joint”
design. This significantly reduces the chance of leakage.
- Synthetic Rubber Glands – in the cover stuffing box and in the valve
plate to seal the flag rods assure positive pressure sealing at these
critical points. The gland design produces pressure integrity with a minimum amount of drag.
- One Piece Flag Rod – closelycontrolled dimensions improve
parallelism of all vertical segments. Greater distance between bearing
points has been designed to providelateral stability. Easy to position and install.
- Molded Port & Pan –with Integral Diaphragm Stabilizers – one piece
construction of glass fiber reinforced material, increases strength and
eliminates a potential leak point. Integral stabilizers provide positive
positioning of the diaphragm assembly
- E-Clips – plated steel clips install easily, facilitate repairs, and minimize parts inventory
- Bodies and Covers – are of die-cast aluminum alloy to provide corrosion
protection with minimum weight. Meters receive both prime and finish
coats of paint to provide additional protection and enhance exterior appearances.