Safety Instructions Flow Meter Fill Rite
Flowmeter Solar Series 888L
To ensure safe and efficient operation, it is essential to read
each of these warnings and precautions, and to follow all
instructions listed in this manual.
1. Improper use or installation of this product can cause
serious bodily injury or death.
2. DO NOT smoke near meter or use meter near an open flame
when dispensing flammable fluids. Fire could result.
3. Do not exceed 50 PSI / 3.5 BARS line pressure.
4. CAUTION: Do not install additional foot valve or check valve
during installation without pressure relief valve. Cracking
5. This product should not be used for fluid transfer into aircraft.
6. This product is not suited for use with fluids for human
consumption, including potable water.
Installation Flow Meter Fill Rite
Meters are furnished for horizontal piping, left to right flow,
unless otherwise specified. Use oil and gasoline resistant
pipe compound on all threaded joints. Flow ports can be
located in any of four positions for horizontal or vertical piping.
1. If fluid flow is left to right, install meter.
2. If fluid flow is other than left to right, determine direction of fluid
3. Lay meter dial face down on a clean flat surface.
4. Arrow mark on meter housing indicates fluid flow direction.
5. Remove four screws (item 20).
6. Lift meter housing (item 19) and chamber assembly (item
26) and rotate together to desired flow direction.
CAUTION: Chamber opening must face towards inlet port of
7. Replace four screws (item 20).
8. Install meter.
The Fill-Rite Series 800C meters can be calibrated for either U.S.
gallons or liters. Calibration is required after disassembly, when
metering a different fluid, or after significant wear. Depending on
the model, Series 800C meters are factory calibrated in either
U.S. gallons or liters using mineral spirits.
Meter calibration can be easily changed by using the calibration
procedure noted. A container of KNOWN volume will be needed
for the calibration procedure. It is recommended that the
container’s volume be at least five gallons or larger. Flowmeter Solar Series 888L